The Job Costing module provides two primary data fields for summarization of data:
Job Number – this is the primary job number identifier and typically has a maximum length of ten characters and may be alphanumeric. Employees can key or scan the appropriate job number when they start or stop work on a particular job.
Job Step – this field allows the job to be subdivided into the steps that are required to complete the job. Labor hours, labor dollars, as well as materials, and material costs can be charged to an individual job step to provide high accountability.
Job Cost Accounting provided:
- Labor Distribution – provides distribution of labor hours charged to a given job number and job step.
- Labor Cost Distribution – provides the distribution breakout of actual labor dollar costs including overtime, premium, shift differential, and special union payroll rules to a job number and job step.
- Material Distribution – provides the distribution of material usage to job number and job step.
- Material Cost Distribution – provides the actual material dollar costs attributed to each job number and job step.
- Flexibility – easily configured to incorporate any or all of the job cost accounting features desired.
- Reporting – multiple standard reports with the additional ability to generate ad hoc queries using operator selected field ranges and values.
- History – job cost data can be archived at user defined intervals, but is always available for reporting.